Although the Berwick area has a relatively small population, the region offers diverse employment opportunities.
Manufacturing is the biggest industry, with everything from potato chips to ribbons being produced in Berwick. Residents also are employed in several other industries, including health care, retail, construction, education and finance.
Berwick’s biggest employers include:
- Autoneum, which provides multifunctional components and technologies for noise and heat protection in vehicles.
- Berwick Offray, which makes decorative ribbons and bows.
- Commonwealth Health - Berwick Hospital.
- Consolidated Container Company, which makes rigid plastic packaging for the dairy, water, beverage, food, chemical and auto markets.
- Dollar Tree Stores’ distribution center.
- G & B Specialties, which specializes in new product design, engineering, and in-house manufacturing of quality products for the railroad industry.
- K-FAB, a machine and fabricating company.
- Western International Gas and Cylinders.
- Wise Foods, which manufactures potato chips.